Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

excellence

edited July 2005 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
just wanted to let you know how enamored i am with vanilla. why, just last month i was discussing how much our homemade forum could benefit from a better interface (specifically, ajax), and how fast it could be. unfortunately, none of us have time to sit down and start from scratch again, and then i stumbled across this (via kottke, fyi). we've been abusing your code for the last day or so, and have grand plans for it: there's some changes we want to make to the avatar handling, and we're all about the themes, of course, so there will be some serious css work... we've already put together a script to convert our userbase and the full text of the posts to vanilla's formats, so we will see shortly how well it deals with 30000 or so posts behind it. anyway, i await future releases (and documentation!) with bated breath, and look forward to actually digging in and using this excellent software. keep up the great work, mark.

Comments

• MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    thanks, jsanders - that's what I want to hear. I can't wait to see what people do with the code, and I'm seriously eager to see how it handles a large volume of data.
  • i second that. awesome job. this is easily the sweetest forum software around. :thumbsup: (oops ;))
This discussion has been closed.