Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Invite Only System

Comments

• edited October 2006
    I just upload the version 0.2.2 that fix this problem.

For info, here is the fix:
    • Line 348 of default.php, replace:$Presentation = ForceIncomingString('INVITATION_SYSTEM_PRESENTATION_FORUM', ''); $ConstantManager->DefineSetting('INVITATION_SYSTEM_PRESENTATION_FORUM', $Presentation);by:$Presentation = ForceIncomingString('INVITATION_SYSTEM_PRESENTATION_FORUM', ''); $Presentation = addcslashes($Presentation, "\n\r"); $ConstantManager->DefineSetting('INVITATION_SYSTEM_PRESENTATION_FORUM', $Presentation);
    • Line 375 of default.php, replace:$Presentation = $RegistrationForm->Context->Configuration['INVITATION_SYSTEM_PRESENTATION_FORUM'];by$Presentation = stripcslashes($RegistrationForm->Context->Configuration['INVITATION_SYSTEM_PRESENTATION_FORUM']);
    • And line 148 of library/Class.InviteSystem, replace:stripslashes($this->Context->Configuration['INVITATION_SYSTEM_PRESENTATION_FORUM']),by:stripslashes(stripcslashes($this->Context->Configuration['INVITATION_SYSTEM_PRESENTATION_FORUM'])),
  • Thank you.
  • edited December 2006
    Another fsockopen() warning:

Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to smtp.aim.com:25 in /home/domainname/public_html/directory/forum/library/Framework/Framework.Class.Email.php on line 184 A fatal, non-recoverable error has occurred Technical information (for support personel): Error Message Could not connect to SMTP host smtp.aim.com:25 Affected Elements Email.SMTPSend(); The error occurred on or near: 13: Permission denied

Could this be related to permissions on the host server?
  • Great extension. Perfect for my forum. Am I right in thinking that, if a user has used all of their invites, there's no easy way to give them some more? Even on a global level - if, for example, I start by giving everyone 3 invites, then later on down the line I want to bump that up to five?
  • Oops - just looked more closely at the settings form, and I see that users can request more invites. How does that actually work, then? Ta!
  • jsam: When a user requests more invites it simply whispers to you with the reason they write down. Then it's up to you to edit their profile and give them more invites.
  • This is perfect for the way my board will work. I was thinking that it might be nice if ADMIN had unlimited invites or perhaps just a big number. I suppose this is really only important at the beginning of a boards life. Thank you for this extension and I hope I didn't miss a way to do this for the ADMIN. Cheers,
  • You can just edit your profile and give yourself a large number of invites.
  • Great. This'll be very useful for my forum... ;)
  • i still get:

"Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect" "Framework.Class.Email.php on line 184" "A fatal, non-recoverable error has occurred" "Could not connect to SMTP host" "Email.SMTPSend(); The error occurred on or near: 111: Connection refused"

I've not had any problems previously with the forum sending emails. I get membership application emails etc. no problem.
  • edited January 2007
    I love the idea of this extension so downloaded it and tried it out. I disabled it because I didn't like the way the options became part of the Vanilla core options in the panel. I've noticed this for a few other extensions and my feeling is the options for configuring extensions SHOULD have their own sub heading in the panel e.g. Extension Options (or similar), then it lists the extension names and when you click on a name it brings up its own options screen in the content. By intertwining the options in the core screen makes it difficult for administrators to keep track of everything, particularly if they are running many extensions of this type. My suggestion would be to create some kind of protocol whereby any extension configurations are separate from the core options for Vanilla. Not sure how do this but it can be done, of that I'm sure.
  • With regard the Invite Only extension, it would be good if the form appeared under its own sub heading in the panel, much like the Google invite system which it is emulating.
  • I'm getting an error after I installed the extension:

Error Message
    Could not create the Invitation Table
    Affected Elements
    undefined.Invite System Installer();

The error occurred on or near: Duplicate column name 'InvitationID'

any ideas on how to fix this?
  • i fixed it by wiping any invitation related databases and reinstalling the extension. thats for the help though
  • You still can't install it?
  • everything works now
  • I've got this working fine, and i love it. Just wondering whether it's possible for each user to see a list of who they've invited from the account page?
  • That's possible. It should be in one of the next version.
  • Is there any way to add the invitation link to the discussion page panel? Something similar to what shotoshi suggested?