Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

I need help removing an RSS extension, my site just crashed...

edited November 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I enabled the RSS extension and my site is now dead. lafixed.com how do I disable the extension the MySQL?

Comments

• Did a little troubleshooting and fixed it somewhat by deleting the folder from the Extension folder. Now I get the following error messages at the top of the screen: Warning: main(): Unable to access /home/virtual/site448/fst/var/www/html/extensions/RSS2/default.php in /home/virtual/site448/fst/var/www/html/conf/extensions.php on line 32 Warning: main(/home/virtual/site448/fst/var/www/html/extensions/RSS2/default.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/virtual/site448/fst/var/www/html/conf/extensions.php on line 32 Warning: main(): Unable to access /home/virtual/site448/fst/var/www/html/extensions/RSS2/default.php in /home/virtual/site448/fst/var/www/html/conf/extensions.php on line 32 Warning: main(/home/virtual/site448/fst/var/www/html/extensions/RSS2/default.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/virtual/site448/fst/var/www/html/conf/extensions.php on line 32 Warning: main(): Failed opening '/home/virtual/site448/fst/var/www/html/extensions/RSS2/default.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /home/virtual/site448/fst/var/www/html/conf/extensions.php on line 32
  • You need to take the relevant line out of the conf/extensions.php file manually, or just disable the extension in the settings page.
  • I deleted the line from the extensions.php file, the error message still appears. I can not disable the extension in the settings page, every time I add the RSS folder the site crashes.
  • How about making an RSS2 folder and putting a blank default.php inside it? Deleting the line from extensions.php should definitely work though...
  • That's an idea, I'll try that...
  • I appreciate your assistance That got rid of the error message above the page, but now I get the following when clicking the Extensions tab: Some problems were encountered An error occurred while attempting to read the extension definition from RSS2
  • Ugh. Stick this inside the default.php: <?php /* Extension Name: Your Extension Name Here Extension Url: The url to where this extension can be downloaded Description: A description of your extension Version: The current version of your extension Author: Your Name Author Url: Your personal url */ ?>
  • Beautiful! Thanks a lot. This has been a headache all day for me.
  • No worries...
  • Thanks..solved my issue too!
This discussion has been closed.