Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Rewriting URLs to make them friendly

edited July 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
This is half-bug and half-feature, so let's start with the problem that prompted this topic:

Problem:
If I link to a file in a Folder A, then add a new folder that comes before Folder A alphabetically, the "directory ID" (did as FB calls it) increments to accommodate this new directory.

Solution:
Although it would be hard to keep a persistent state on the did's, it's necessary in one form or another. One way would be to use .htaccess RewriteRules to redirect, say, /index.php/foldername/photoname to the appropriate file.

Thoughts? Any way to do this easily that I'm not thinking of?

Comments

• Hmm. Interesting. Though you realise that you can still access the files directly and filebrowser gives you a link to do so?
  • Well yes, but then you don't get the nice site interface + the auto-resizing etc. For me that's half the goodness of FB.
  • Adding comment so I get notifications.
  • What he said ^. I'd like nice-urls too, the ?fpp=10&did=2 blah is horrible.
  • So you mean we can't link to categories or they will eventually change?! :o Then filebrowser would lose all it's purpose, wouldn't it? :( Unless I install filebrowser in each subdirectory, which I won't do... I hope there is a solution to this!
This discussion has been closed.