Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

WordPress Deintegration, Vanilla DB/behavior questions.

edited June 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I'm working on a WordPress plugin for a friend that'll make it easy to separate WordPress from Vanilla after following the integration guide posted on this site. It's going well so far, but I currently don't have a way to generate something for the 'VerificationKey' column in the LUM_Users table and was wondering if anyone had any insights on what this value is normally comprised of or if it matters at all for normal operation. I also noticed that new applicant data does not appear to be stored in the database. I was considering creating the users migrated from WordPress to Vanilla as if they needed to be approved (mostly just for the 'VerificationKey' generating properties if I couldn't find another way). Anyone know where new applicant data is stored? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Comments

• The verification key is just a random hex string generated from DefineVerificationKey() in library/framework/Framework.Functions.php.

Applicants are stored in the database. You can see how they are handled in library/people/People.Class.UserManager.php.
  • Thanks for the tips, I'll check it out later tonight. I'm surprised to hear that applicants are in the DB, as I saw no sign of them last night. Looking forward to figuring that out. Thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.