Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

HTML in categories

edited August 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Is there anyways to add HTML to the categories? I've searched and haven't found anything, so I assume no one's brought it up. I'd like to be able to format the text for my categories *somehow*, such as add links, bold text, etc. Can anyone figure out how to do this?

Comments

• You mean for the category names?
  • No, for the actual descriptions. When you go into create the categories... the description says no HTML allowed. Is there anyway to get passed that?
  • *bump* Anyone? Please? This could mean the difference between keeping Vanilla and switching to another forum software
  • If you edit library/Vanilla/Vanilla.Class.Category.php, and comment out the $this->Description = FormatStringForDisplay($this->Description, 1); line, you will enable the display of HTML... but the category form will still strip it out, so to actually get the HTML in the category description you will have to add the HTML directly in the database.
  • :D Thank you so much :3 It works like a dream now~ I don't mind editing the database manually to add in the HTML. Again, thank you :)
This discussion has been closed.