Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Req: Category owner / category role changer

edited July 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
phpBB does this out of the box and I'm discovering more & more that this is what I'd like to see for my community. - one person is the owner/moderator of a category and can moderate (edit, delete, etc.) in that category as they see fit but no other category - they can also determine who can see that category by activating various roles (a-la the multi-role extension), but only the specific roles you activate them for. I'm sorely tempted to switch to phpBB just because of this, but we all know that migrating users from one platform to another suxx donkey balls.

Comments

• Just to clarify, I basically want (in non-phpBB terms) One person "owns" a category - they control, without administrator intervention, who has access to their category and only their category. They can also moderate their category, and only their category. (Category can be plural.)
  • Can the category roles extension do what you require?
This discussion has been closed.