Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Yet one more newb trying to change presentation

edited August 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I know this question has been asked a bunch of times. I think I have read every post on it and have tried to implment the changes per the documentation. Still not getting it to work.

I am trying to change some of the setting in the dictionary. I have placed the following in the language.php file in my conf folder.

<?php
// Custom Language Definitions
$Context->SetDefinition('ApplicationTitles', 'ABC Forum Name');
$Context->SetDefinition('ApplicationTitle', 'ABC *** application title ***');
$Context->SetDefinition('BannerTitle', '*** banner title ***');
$Context->SetDefinition('StartANewDiscussion', 'Start a new bloody discussion');

?>

Not getting any of these settings presented in my interface. What am I missing?

thank for your help.

Comments

• The application title, banner title, etc. can be changed from your settings. Go to Settings >>Application Settings and change the your forum's title and banner's title.

For that:
    $Context->SetDefinition('StartANewDiscussion', 'Start a new bloody discussion');

Just copy this to your conf/language.php file:

$Context->Dictionary['StartANewDiscussion'] = 'Start a new bloody discussion';
  • ithcyithcy New
    edited August 2007
    //edited
  • thank you for the direction. Thought I was suppose to use the setDefinition() call. It worked.
  • SetDefinition is to set a default definition, it won't overwrite an existing one.
This discussion has been closed.