Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

poMMo (pommo.org) - Mailing list management and throttling

StashStash
edited September 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Someone, *PLEASE* create an extension that ties the Lussumo user database in with poMMo. It looks like an extremely nice PHP-based mailing list manager and has all the things people have always been asking for such as bandwidth/emails volume throttling (even on a per domain basis) and other things I can't currently remember people demanding.

Alternatively, someone else give me a good reason why this software isn't great ;)

Comments

• MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Neat - thanks for the link. I might end up using this next time I've got to do a mailing list sendout...
  • See everyone, Mark thinks it's neat - go on, some uber-coder do it ;)

Please.
  • I'd also be a huge supporter of this. If I knew how to program, I'd write it...but for now, I can just be a user of it :) (once it's made) +1 vote
  • Any updates on this?
  • No one's picked it up yet - would be excellent if they did...
  • TomTesterTomTester New
    edited September 2007
    I've been meaning to try out Pommo. Just read here (ModCMS forums, Jan 07) that Pommo might be switching over from phpmailer to http://www.swiftmailer.org/. The list of features for Swift is impressive (see link).

Swift is a fully OOP library for sending e-mails from PHP websites and applications. It does not rely on PHP's native mail() function which is known for using high server resources when sending multiple emails. Instead, Swift communicates directly with an SMTP server or a MTA binary to send mail quickly and efficiently.

TT

Update: OK, so I guess you get around enough to have seen swift already Luke... :-) http://urbangiraffe.com/plugins/filled-in/ (comments)
  • I guess you get around enough
    I resent that insinuation! LOL ;)

The filled-in form plugin is where I found out about poMMo in the first place (top notch plugin btw).
This discussion has been closed.