Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Stop e-mails on member status change?

edited January 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
So I'm loving everything about Vanilla so far... everything but one small detail. I have the "add member" add-on installed, so I can create accounts myself. It works great, but it ends up sending 2 e-mails to members... one that welcomes them to the forum (which I need to have go out) and another which just tells them about the member status change (which I want to stop). The problem is that both of these e-mails go out at the same time and a lot of e-mail providers are marking them as SPAM because they come in so fast. Two e-mails in less than a second is going to trigger a lot of filters... hotmail, aol, some g-mail, etc... all of these providers have sent my forum e-mails to junkmail. Does anyone know how to stop only the member status change e-mail from going out? I use my forum to communicate with clients for a small business I run and it sucks when half of them don't get their welcome e-mail with login details and think I'm slacking on their work.

Comments

• Nobody knows how to do this?
  • I'll give it one last shot.... Not a single person on here knows how to stop a simple e-mail from going out? lol
  • Why is it sending a status change email anyway?
  • I wish I knew... it sends this message: "Hello xxxxx, This message is to inform you that your account at xxxx xxxxx Forums has been changed. You have been assigned member status. You can review your role change at the following url: xxxxxxx
  • What do you have the applicant settings set to?
  • New applicants become members... but it doesn't matter, because the "Add User" extension has a drop down box that requires you to choose a role and no matter what you choose (I always choose member), it sends an e-mail. I really want to keep using Vanilla, but if I can't figure this out I'm going to have to find something else.
  • Well I dont have the extension installed and I've got nowhere to install it but judging by the code it looks very much to me as though there's a checkbox which you can untick to stop it sending them mails? Should be just under the 'notes' input?
  • That is the confirmation e-mail that I create myself... kind of like a welcome letter. That's the one I want to continue going out... the e-mail I want stopped goes out through Vanilla itself, not the extension.
  • edited January 2008
    I think that if you delete (or rename) the email language file the emails won't send, and you will see an error message on screen instead saying that it couldn't read the file.

It would be one of the text files in languages/English/

edit: whoops... I thought this was about the core... not the extension, sorry.
This discussion has been closed.