Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Friend URL help

edited February 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Been trying to modify it unsuccessfully, only had a quick run through of it however.

Basically I want to have categories listed as .com/whatever/ - .com/bugs/ etc

However upon editing and removing "discussion" etc for the categories, I'm still left with this as a URL when uploaded. Any help?

#Discussions
RewriteRule ^$ index.php [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^/$ index.php [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^/([0-9]+)$ index.php?page=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^/([0-9]+)/$ index.php?page=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([0-9]+)$ index.php?CategoryID=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([0-9]+)/$ index.php?CategoryID=$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)$ index.php?CategoryID=$1&page=$2 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/$ index.php?CategoryID=$1&page=$2 [QSA,L]

#Categories
RewriteRule ^/$ categories.php [QSA,L]

Is how it currently stands, any help?

Comments

• Anyone?
  • What exactly do you mean? Isnt that how it already works?
  • The first two lines are redundant because .com/ will always go to index.php or index.html.
  • As I said, I've only quickly ran through and modified the code. Haven't paid much attention.

At the moment, installing a default friendly urls plugin you'll have the default set up .com/category/1/ and so on. I want to be able to just have .com/1/ etc, but also change 1 to the category name instead of ID if possibly...
  • Well at the moment it's setup so .com/1 will go to page 1 of discussions. There's no way to work with the category name other than by writing an extension.
This discussion has been closed.