Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

annoying auto logout and ErrPostBackKeyInvalid

edited March 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Moin! A few days ago, I installed vanilla 1.1.4. We are in a tryout-phase now and think about this or that forum software. I like the idea of vanilla, BUT: Sometimes I (logged in as the administrator) and other users (as normal members) have the problem, that we are kicked out of the forum by doing normal things like clicking on a discussion etc. If you use the browser to browse back to try again, it often works. Sometimes you have to go two or more pages back. The problem occures independently of the "remember me" setting. Another (maybe connected) problem is, that we get ErrPostBackKeyInvalid ("There was a problem authenticating your post information.") frequently. Any ideas? Dom

Comments

• Is your cookie domain set correctly in the configuration file?
  • he says that it only happens sometimes. it sounds more like a problem with the php sessions.
  • Which could be caused by problems with cookies.
This discussion has been closed.