Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

mysql database is corrupt

http://youchewpoop.com/forum this seems to be happening a lot these days my database just crashes out on me I was performing an IP block when it happened but sometimes it just goes when I'm not there so it could just as easily be a user thing. I don't even know if it's becaseu of the forum to be honest. I know how to recover but I don't know how to source the problem back to what is causing it. thanks for you help in advance

Comments

• A fatal, non-recoverable error has occurred Technical information (for support personel): Error Message The connection to the database failed: Affected Elements MySQL.OpenConnection(); The error occurred on or near: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) For additional support documentation, visit the Lussumo Documentation website at: lussumo.com/docs
  • edited March 2008
    It looks like a problem at your webhost. The error message could be caused by: - the MySQL server simply isn't running - the MySQL server has changed address (ip / hostname) If it was any other problem (wrong password and what not) you would easily see that. Your main wordpress site also cannot connect to the MySQL server, so I'd check with your webhost if I were you. Even though the database is corrupt, I believe you should still be able to establish some kind of connection to it.
  • thanks slartie yeah the problem was traced back to a 'maxclients' setting, annoyingly when the server traffic peaks it just crashes out like that until it you reset it all. so much for getting VPS to solve my traffic problems!
This discussion has been closed.