Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Where put extension path line?

edited March 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
All, I'm totally new to Vanilla and php. I've managed to properly install Vanilla, and now I'm trying to install the "Discussion Filters" extension. I am not sure which file to edit to insert the below path line: /path/to/vanilla/extensions/discussion_filters/default.php Any help would be much appreciated. Sorry for the newbie question. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• does this come from the readme, doesn't it? it only means that you have to upload and unzip the file under the extensions folder, and make sure that the path to default.php is like that.
  • miquel, thanks for the reply. yes this comes from the readme file. I guess what I don't understand is where the path lives so that I can check that it is pointing to the correct spot.
  • If you don't know your "path to vanilla" you are going to have a whole lot of problems administrating your forum!

You will need to know both the "relative" path as well as the "absolute" path.

Is your FTP application of choice able to show you this path?
  • Thanks for the comments. I am a beginner at this sort of thing, as I mentioned, and I am still learning. My FTP client (WS_FTP Pro) certainly shows the directory structure. From the Discussion Filters readme file, I'm assuming the text "/path/to/vanilla/extensions/discussion_filters/default.php" must be in a particular file. I don't know which file that is. I realize this question is one of a rank Vanilla beginner. Is there a less advanced Lussumo resource that I could tap into? Many thanks.
  • edited March 2008
    if vanilla is installed in a folder structure that looks like this (it obviously doesn't)

/path/to/vanilla/

then you put the folder containing all of the extension files in /path/to/vanilla/extensions/

so that the path to the default.php file associated with that particular extension looks like this:

/path/to/vanilla/extensions/YourExtensionName/default.php
  • Ah, I get it now. Many thanks!
  • no problem; that is usually the method for installing any addon (some require special instructions)
This discussion has been closed.