Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Just more confused database and forums

I want to run multiple (several hundred) small forums with 100-300 members each. These will be private by invitation only and minimal (posting, reading and notification of new posts only) These will not be very busy. Would Vanilla work well for this? Is there anyone who I can remunerate to help with the setup? I am currently trying joomla/fireboard but want something simpler to administer.

Comments

• I dont see why vanilla wouldnt work for this assuming your physical hardware was up to the job. If I were you I'd get a script put together to install and configure each forum automatically. Someone round here may well be up to the job if money's flying around..
  • Minisweeper...if money's flying around...
    If money's flying around, Vanilla 2 would be out by now!
  • (posting, reading and notification of new posts only)

AFAIK, that last one is only possible with the Notify extension, which is not exactly problem-free.
  • so vanilla won't work for my application?
  • It might, I was just pointing out that notification isn't part of the Vanilla core. But the Notify extension is one of the most downloaded packages on the add-on site so I assume that lots of people have made it work for them.

But most people aren't running "several hundred" small forums. Your case is unusual.
This discussion has been closed.