Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

translation to Hebrew

edited May 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I would like to translate Vanilla to Hebrew (direction:RTL). Do I need to switch all the files format to UTF-8 or just specific files?

Comments

• The whole installation should be UTF-8.
    See this wiki page for more detailled info. It was made to repair messed installations but is worth reading to get the picture on charset.
  • I changed the configuration to $Configuration['DATABASE_CHARACTER_ENCODING'] = 'utf8'; Now can I switch to Hebrew Character instead of English?
  • Hebrew translation still not working. I switched to UTF-8 at settings.php but all the text in Hebrew turns to question marks. Do I need to save all the Vanilla files as UTF-8? Any help will be welcome.
  • This is typical of a messed charset installation.
    Everything you need to know is on the wiki page. Starting on a fresh test installation on a MySQL > 4.1 should allow hebrew characters to display if your file is in utf-8.
This discussion has been closed.