Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Hidden Discussions

edited June 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
We had a spammer on our forums, and while we've disabled the accounts, I'm trying to deal with the posts he left behind - all of which are topics. I've hidden them, but the topic is still visible in the public discussion list. When I click on it, it's hidden, but I was wondering what options are available to clear the topics off the list faster than sinking them. Any ideas?

Comments

• If they're hidden, then they aren't visible to anybody who doesn't have 'can view hidden discussions'... which is usually anybody but administrators.

Administrators can make them non-visible by going to their account tab, and unchecking the 'view hidden discussions' option.
  • See, there's the issue. I already do have them unchecked. I can't see them when I click on them, as I would expect, but the topic is still visible in the main list. This is what I want to know how to disappear faster than sinking them, if there is a way.
  • Have you actually deleted the discussion or just all the posts inside it?
  • Looking through the docs, I was put under the impression that I could not actually delete posts: "In Vanilla, you cannot “delete” a discussion or comment. Instead you *hide* them from view." Link. There are three options in lieu of deletion: hiding, closing, and sinking. I hid the post, since there was no delete option. So now the discussion is still visible, but when clicked on, the post is not.

I would love to be able to delete the whole thing. Is there a way? You seem to think there is/know how it's done?
  • Click 'Delete this discussion' in the panel. It wont delete it it will hide it but that's irrelevant.
  • Ah HA! My particular install says "Hide this discussion" in the side panel and I never clicked on it since I assumed I'd already taken care of it. Looking for "Delete this discussion" there, I figured I'd give it a try and voila! Thank you very much!
This discussion has been closed.