Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How-To... Merging two user accounts

edited August 2005 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Is it possible to merge two user accounts, and if so how?

Comments

• why would you do that? why not make a new one?
  • Because I have an admin account, that I installed Vanilla on. However I also imported my forum from phpBB where my normal account was on, so now there's two instances of me in the system...
  • you could run a query to replace all the admins comments userid with your user id and then just use your user. Probably the best way. Keep the admin account too just incase.
  • give the old account a role as admin?
  • @mini - I'll give that a whirl.

@lament - I have this fixation of always being user ID #1 on any board I create. Some ego power thing I think. =)
  • /me uses the backdoor he built into the migrator to hack chris's forum and steal the 1z0r
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    This would make for a pretty sweet administrative extension. For whoever decides to write this one: Be sure to check every single table in Vanilla to make sure that you catch every single UserID that needs to be altered. There is a UserID column in almost every table.
  • Or make it a default thing with Vanilla mark? ;-)
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    hahaha - no - extension, for sure :)
  • I think i could write this extension, possibly? Its not that hard surely? Then again i am drunk..
This discussion has been closed.