Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Active community?

Hi, I'm considering using Vanilla for a new forum endeavor that I'm about to set sail on. I was wondering how is the community on Vanilla? Are most of you developers? Is it active? How many people are on the core team? What's the release cycle? When is the next planned release? Sorry for so many questions, I'm just trying to evaluate my options right now. Thanks, Daniel

Comments

• Options
    Daniel, Sounds like questions for Mark, the originator of Vanilla.
  • Options
    Is he around? Active around here?
  • Options
    helpyhelpy
    edited July 2008
    Release cycle:

Version | SVN date | forum date --------+----------------+---------------- 1.1.4 | Oct 24th 2007 | 1.1.3 | Sep 25th 2007 | 1.1.2 | Mar 12th 2007 | 1.1.1 | Mar 6th 2007 | 1.1 | Mar 5th 2007 | 1.0.3 | --- | Dec 2nd 2006 1.0.1 | Aug 21st 2006 | 1.0 | Jul 1st 2006 |

Last Change in SVN: June 24th 2008
  • Options
    He comes and goes. This community is very active as you can see and is made up of a mix of developers, users, and people who want to know stuff. All the work writing vanilla and releasing it was done by Mark and he's since handed over to a group of users off this community to provide updates and bug fixes. No particular release cycle or planned release as they just come about when either loads of small bugs have been fixed or a critical bug gets fixed. Mark is in the process of writing Vanilla V2 but I've no idea how far down the line he is.
  • Options
    fmimosofmimoso
    edited July 2008
    The core is stable, the problems arise with some of the extensions that are somehow buggy and became orphan... As for Vanilla 2: http://markosullivan.ca/blog/?cat=5 Maybe, in his own words, by the end of 2008...
This discussion has been closed.