Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Cannot delete Extension...receive error

edited August 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I really need some help here. I had downloaded the JQuery, JThickBox, and Inline Images extensions to use for displaying images in comment posts because I thought it looked interesting. Well, I thought I had read the order right, that these three extensions had to be enabled in a certain order for them to work. Well, I first enabled JThickBox, then JQuery, then Inline Images. Well, I got a PHP error that wouldn't even let me see my forum. It was scary. So, I FTP'd into my webdirectory and manually deleted the JThickBox folder as well as the JQuery folder and refreshed my browser. Well, my forum popped up again...a relief...but there is still an error at the top of the forum that looks...NASTY! :( It's way beyond me and I really need help trying to figure it out.

Here is an image of what the error looks like: http://kdaffolder.110mb.com/Picture4.png

Please, please, PLEASE help or offer any suggestions or ideas if you know how to get rid of this error. It's ruining my forum right now, and I really don't know what steps to take to fix it. I have tried re-uploading the extensions' folders I deleted and refreshing to see if i could disable them, but then it just kicks me out of my forum again with PHP errors.

I'm desperate!

-Kyle

Comments

• Nevermind. Figured it out. I went to my Vanilla directory, navigated to conf/extensions.php

I saw the line of code w/ the "...ThickBox" and deleted it. Apparently, this line was what was telling Vanilla to keep searching for the JThickBox extension and causing PHP errors. Deleted it and now all works fine. Sorry for the hassle.
  • i'm pretty sure that you'll need to enable the jquery extension before any other extensions which use jquery, btw.
  • ok, thanks chris! will do!
This discussion has been closed.