Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Installing Vanilla with GoDaddy servers

edited October 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I am trying to figure out how to setup the database on the GoDaddy server. I have a wordpress blog and was setup pretty easily but with the Vanilla forum I am getting an error that I can't seem to get by. "We couldn’t connect to the server you provided (localhost). The database responded with the following message: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/usr/local/mysql-5.0/data/mysql.sock' (2)" I have read that I should use localhost as the server, is there something else that I can try to get the database installed please?

Comments

• Options
    On a GoDaddy server, there is a hostname path that you will need to set up the database connection. In the GoDaddy website; you will see the hosting address. It is something like this. p50mysql271.secureserver.net Thanks for the help.
This discussion has been closed.