Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

non-stop 403 errors

edited November 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I have 403 errors like crazy, mainly started when i went into config and go to the general config option. some of the configs work. logging off also gives me 403 errors. sometimes logging on does. i searched and found the info on mod security, i dont think its related a) there are no modsecurity log errors and b) the htaccess code crashes, giving me an internal server error. here is part of the error log: [22-Nov-2008 22:40:16] PHP Warning: include_once() [<a href='function.include'> function.include</a>]: Failed opening '/path/to/your/library/People/People.Class .Session.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') i n /home/pcsnj/public_html/xtremerc/vanilla/appg/settings.php on line 254 [22-Nov-2008 22:40:16] PHP Warning: include_once(/path/to/your/library/People/P eople.Class.PasswordHash.php) [<a href='function.include-once'>function.include- once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/pcsnj/publi c_html/xtremerc/vanilla/appg/settings.php on line 255 [22-Nov-2008 22:40:16] PHP Warning: include_once() [<a href='function.include'> function.include</a>]: Failed opening '/path/to/your/library/People/People.Class .PasswordHash.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/ph p') in /home/pcsnj/public_html/xtremerc/vanilla/appg/settings.php on line 255 [22-Nov-2008 22:40:16] PHP Warning: include_once(/path/to/your/library/People/P eople.Class.User.php) [<a href='function.include-once'>function.include-once</a> ]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/pcsnj/public_html/x tremerc/vanilla/appg/settings.php on line 256 [22-Nov-2008 22:40:16] PHP Warning: include_once() [<a href='function.include'> function.include</a>]: Failed opening '/path/to/your/library/People/People.Class .User.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in / home/pcsnj/public_html/xtremerc/vanilla/appg/settings.php on line 256 [22-Nov-2008 22:40:16] PHP Fatal error: Class 'Context' not found in /home/pcsn j/public_html/xtremerc/vanilla/appg/settings.php on line 258 weird thing is, /path/to/your/library is no where in my config files. but now, i cant get into my config directory after chmodding it to 777, i tried bringing it back to 700 or 600 and it still wont let me in. permission denied. hostgator - jailed ssh shell.

Comments

• The /path/to/your/library/ setting is a Vanilla default that you should normally never see, since it is supposed to be over written with the actual path defined in conf/settings.php. I suspect that Vanilla itself is not able to access the conf folder, so you see the default setting, which of course doesn't work & causes those errors. "jailed ssh shell" sounds like the SSH session got locked out, probably a security thing. You could try SSHing back in and see if it will let you change the permissions now, but if it doesn't then you may need to contact your host to "un jail" the session, then set the permissions back--or see if there is an admin control panel that would allow permissions to be changed.
  • thanks, i was able to reset the permissions but it apears anything higher than 755 is prohibited. will it work with 755?
  • it appears it wont with 755. but i was able to get the files to 777, just not the conf directory itself. the 4 confi files are 777. it still gives 403 errors.
This discussion has been closed.