Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

A few questions about Vanilla before I try it out

edited December 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hello everyone! So I've been checking out various forums to use for my business' site, and I've got it paired down to SMF and Vanilla. I'm leaning towards Vanilla because I don't want to deal with SMF's tables when I create my custom template and also SMF hasn't been updated in almost 2 years, but I have a few questions that I'm seeking answers to first. If anyone can help me out, it would be greatly appreciated! (1) Is it available either by default or a plug-in to allow users to post <embed> or <object> snippets to show Flash files? (2) Is there a plug-in available to allow image uploading to our server, or are all the ways to get an image to display within a thread by bb [img] code? (3) Are there any Add-Ons to allow for inline post editing? For example, like in Gmail/WordPress/vBulletin/etc, highlighting text and then clicking a "B" to bold it, etc. The users for this project will be fairly old, very technologically inept users. (4) Are there Add-Ons to allow for either digg-style voting or normal 5-star voting? Being able to host community-driven contests is important for this project. Thanks a lot in advance! I like that Vanilla has been updated recently, and that it's fairly active! And being an XHTMl/CSS/JS developer, I love that it's standards-based :)

Comments

• 1. Yes, HTML formatter (but you must mess around a bit). 2. Yes, Attachments and InlineImages. 3. Yes, I use Quicktags but there are others. 4. Yes, see Vanilla Voting, Blogthis or Community Moderation. If they work all together, are bug free or updated it's a completely different issue... :(
  • Thanks for the input. I got everything to work except being able to show a general <embed> snipet, even if it's in HTML or Text formats. Any tips?
This discussion has been closed.