Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

New vanilla install - not working!?!

fotoflofotoflo New
edited December 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I created a new vanilla install following all directions - after running the installer, i can't login with my admin account. I requested a password reset and dont get any email from vanilla either. If i apply for membership, email doesnt go to my support account. seems like nothing is working but the installer. this is all very strange becasue I installed vanilla almost a year ago and it worked right away... Any troubleshooting suggestions? (i tried reinstalling several times)

Comments

• "Some problems were encountered You do not have permission to sign in to the site." on sign in
  • " Your request has been processed * A message has been sent to your xxx.com email address containing password reset instructions. " nothing shows up in my inbox
  • version 1.1.5a
  • just tried with 1.1.5, also no luck
  • Checked your email spam folder?
  • nothing there.
  • Then it must be the email settings are wrong. Is it the same server you set up Vanilla on a year ago? If so, try to remember what SMTP settings you used then, or find out what the settings should be now. Often they can be left blank, especially if you pay for server hosting.
  • fotoflofotoflo New
    edited December 2008
    Took a look around the tree today - where do the email settings go? But also, I cant even log in from the account I created with the installer... that shouldnt require email, should it?
  • We found the problem - ITS A BUG!!! We run distributed Master-Master Mysql settings so we can be fast across continents for our other web services. Our mysql is setup to so auto increment increments ids by 2 - your php assumes but doesnt force autoincrement = 1. The problem manifested it self most terribly in the Roles table - you only support role IDs of 1, 2, 3 and 4.
  • Why would you auto increment by 2 anyway?
    And role IDs can be anything, I host forums that have over 10 different roles.
  • server in asia is odds, server in USA is evens. every night they connect...
  • Well that sure is an interesting way to synchronize databases!
This discussion has been closed.