Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

403 Forbidden with Application Settings

edited December 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
This has literally kept me up all night trying to set up my forum. Every time I go to into Application Settings it gives me a 403 Forbidden. I have followed all the tutorials word for word and I get the same issue. Forbidden You don't have permission to access /forums/settings.php on this server. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. http://overclockedlan.com/forums I am using HostGator btw and the latest version of Vanilla. This also happens when I try to save registration, and it used to happen with people.php, but apparently does no longer.

Comments

• I am familiar with Host gator, they are less than able to assist with this issue
  • edited December 2008
    When I navigate to http://overclockedlan.com/forums/settings.php it properly redirects me back to the home page of your forum (as I am not a registered user). I do not get the error. Has this issue been resolved?
  • Well I contacted host gator and they fixed it, I am not sure what you mean by less than able, the support staff was MORE than capable. The issue was with mod_security.
  • I just installed Vanilla on my hosting site for my clients to use. I was having the exact same issue and no changes could fix the issue. I finally contact HostGator(where I have reseller hosting) about the issue and the live support technician knew right away what the error was. She told me it was an issue with mod_security (as Sa1nt said) and she whitelisted my site immediately. HostGator has always helped me with any issue I had, be it software, hosting, DNS... I do have issues with some of the limitations they have on their shared servers but I completely understand why they are there.
This discussion has been closed.