Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

New 2.0 Forum Software (competition?)

RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
edited January 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
http://www.esotalk.com What do you guys think of this new forum software offering? It instantly reminded me of Vanilla. I think it has some good features but others are a little unneccesary. I like that it's ajax and how some things like avatars and tags are standard features which will never become "incompatible."

Comments

• Looks good. Again early alpha though, just like bbpress, so I am not sure if it's ready for prime time yet.
  • Looks good. The ajax editing is definitely something we need to do with Vanilla, and that page-scrollbar looks great. Nice find, and yeah when they have a stable release it should be some good competition and inspiration for Vanilla.
  • edited January 2009
    It's got some interesting new features. The design is a little rudimentary though, but that will change as it grows up. Thanks for sharing, I'll be watching.
  • The Captcha image doesn't work and I can't find any contact information on their website to email them to let them know. They could be losing a lot of interested people because they can't register on the demo forum.
  • @SubJunk, I saw that too. It seems they've removed the captcha as of right now.
  • I sent an email to the domain owner so I guess he got that. Didn't get a reply though.