Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Amount of Unread Discussions/Posts Notification

edited January 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
This is what I want to do....

I use vanilla for my company forum (internal use), employees navigate to the forum from our network homepage. I would like to be able to display on the network homepage how many new discussions there are and how many new posts there are. My users take advantage of the "remember me" thing on login so the browser usually knows its them, thus making it easier to display the amount of new discussions and new posts on an outside page to the user.

So, I would like to be able to stick a snippet of code on the network homepage that displays something like this to the user...

Company Forum
Discussions (1)
Posts (5)

Maybe if they aren't logged in it could look like this...

Company Forum
Discussions (Login)
Posts (Login)

Know what I mean? I don't think it would be too hard to do, but I'm incapable of doing such a thing... between the Whisper notifier and the new post notifier I'm sure the code is already out there, it would just need to be manipulated some to display the new discussions, posts and be able to run from a page outside of the vanilla directory.

Anyone interested in doing this? If so, I'm open to negotiating a reasonable price to have to it done.

Comments