Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

IT'S ALIVE!

edited January 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
HOORAY!! I have the very basic version of Vanilla up and running on my site, and am ready to get to work.. My first question (sorry if I become a pest in the beginning here) is regarding themes and styles... a) Can I go ahead and set up the structure of my site before picking a theme and style? Or will I possibly have conflict if I go about this before setting up the 'look' of my forums? b) most of these themes and styles come with images.. If I like the colors and feel of a theme and style, but want to add my own images, is this possible, and if so, how is it done.. and what are the rules/limitations? While I wait for a reply, I'm off to install some of the add ons I've selected... My first ever forum! Exciting!

Comments

• Excellent! I'm glad you got it all working. Vanilla has some great documentation which I'm sure will help answer most of your questions about themes.

As for modifying: some themes may have their own rules about this, but keep this in mind: give credit where it is due. Don't steal something and say it's yours.
  • How hard is it to create themes from scratch with only basic html knowledge? Can I just load these things into GoLive and start moving things around, or do they have to be hand coded?

I have a gneral layout and look I'd like, but there's nothing really close that I can see in the available themes..

And how do I give credit?... only too happy to do so... I'm not after any awards or praise.. I just want to build a successful community in the cyberspace marketplace of ideas.. :-)

BTW, thanx for responding to my questions... Much appreciated...