Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Read only categories...

edited January 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Is there a way to make a category 'read only' for every role, except admin?

I'd like to set up a category in which I can post discussions and comments, but no else can.. yet 'everyone' can read it.. Basically, I want a page for rules and regs, introduction, announcements, tips, etc....

Is this possible? If so, I'm missing how...

Sorry if this is an obvious ability I'm missing..

Comments

• category roles
  • Maybe I'm not understanding.. But don't category roles, prevent reading 'and' writing? It appears to actually 'hide' the categories from view, which of course makes them unreadble...
  • The problem with permissions within the role, is that if I deselect 'can add to discussions' then it prevents them from adding to 'any' discussions, right?

I would lke to make a category that is visible to 'all' roles, allowing them to read it all, but only I can add discussions, comments,etc.. to it...
  • Okay, I understand now, Category Roles is an 'extension'

So I added this extensions and folled the instructions in the read me, and it is apparently working, as the new drop down menus appear in the categories editor...

One final queston though..
    It says to select a level, and the ones of lower level will not be able to add comments... What does this mean 'lower?'

I'm assuming it refers to the 'ordering' of the roles in the role setting box...

So, here's an easy one.. Assuming I want the 'administrator' to be the highest level... do I order the lst with the administrator at the 'top' of the list, or the 'bottom?'