Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Need editor recommendations

edited January 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
One major last hurdle here to go, before I start into working over the 'look' of my forums, and then fine tuning it all for prime time...

There are several WSIWYG editors... and lots of discussions regarding pros and cons, problems and fixes, incompatibilities, etc..

What I need (for now anyways), s te ability to highlight some text, and make it 'bold' or make it italics, or underline it, or turn it into an anchor for a linked url, or align it left center, right, and 'hopefuly, be able to change the 'color' of the selected text...

Also, I'l like to be able to simpliyfy the insertion of images in a post, especially images hosted elsewhere.....

I use firefox on Mac OSX, and sometimes IE5 or safari 2.... I can not easily test on PC....

What is the most hassle free wysiwyg editor, that also plays well with the various add ons?

And what caveats, or pittfalls do I need to watch out for?

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2009
    I recently became a fan of Markdown after taking the plunge and just trying it. I know it's crazy that there's so many ways to format text, but I find Markdown to be very simple to use, even for a newbie.
    “The overriding design goal for Markdown’s formatting syntax is to make it as readable as possible.”
    You can use Markdown for Vanilla. I haven't tried it though so I can't say if it works.