Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Slow Vanilla Forum - Few Extensions

edited January 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I've got Vanilla 1.1.5a installed, and it takes 20 seconds to load any page. Except I do get an instant load in about one of 10 attempts. The loaded extensions are: -Issue Tracker -HTML Formatter -Low-Cal Vanilla -YahooUI Text Editor 1.1 I also have a couple other websites running off the same server that are running fine at their normal speed. They certainly don't have a 20 sec wait time. Nothing strange is in the /var/log/apache2/error.log. All Vanilla's tables have been optimized via phpmyadmin's mysql table optimizer. Nothing is showing up in Vanalla/php_errors either. What would you guys suspect of causing this slowdown? -Suthern

Comments

• Have you tried disabling the extensions one by one to see if any of them are the cause? If not, try that and let us know
  • I've used xdebug to trace it, and it looks like php::mysql_connect is taking an extraordinary long time (2,000ms). Which is odd, because all the other sites that use this same mysql database are doing fine. Then there are 5 calls to MySQL->Select at 400ms each, and 5 more to Mysql->GetConnection at 400ms each. Now I'm off to debugging mysql.. Wish me well! :-)
  • Ok, the problem has been solved. In the /conf/database.php I changed the ['DATABASE_HOST'] to 'localhost' instead of my ip address, then I created a new MYSQL user for vanilla with identical rights (as the old user), but changed it's 'host' field to 'localhost'. Now everything is lightning fast. I don't know how the mysql user was corrupted, but everything is back to normal now. :-)