Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Change few class names

edited February 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hello, I want to integrate vanilla forum in a website which is integrally developped in PHP. I've got a problem : the website has already two classes called User and ErrorManager. I can't change these classes name in the website because we are a lot of developpers to work on it. How can I do without change the name of User and ErrorManager in Vanilla sources ? Otherwise, I want to mix the website authentication with vanilla forum authentication module. If I do that, Do i must republish the sources of the forum ? Because I'm not sure to understand the use of GPL license. (there are some websites which use a modified version of vanilla and they didn't publish their sources. Is it legal ?) Thanks for your answers Georges

Comments

• Since PHP doesn't have namespaces yet. This is a tough one to solve.

One application will have to be changed. If you change it on the Vanilla side, many of the available add-ons might not work.