Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Multiple databases? What to do when MYSQL database is full

joemadjoemad New
edited May 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
My host only allows 100mg on each MYSQL database. I've posted a couple of times asking about the possibility of running multiple MYSQL databases on a vanilla forum. Unfortunately I've had no responses. Since I imagine that the multiple MYSQL is out of the question maybe I could find a host that allows databases larger than 100mg? Any suggestions? What host service do you use for your databases? Thanks! JOE

Comments

• Cant you just ask your host to increase your quota?
  • joemadjoemad New
    edited May 2009
    They (1&1 hosting) claim that they don't go over 100mg for MYSQL databases. I imagine they'll change their story when I tell them I'm leaving them if I can't get more than 100mg.
  • I used 1&1 a few years ago, as they claimed to be the best, etc., etc., blah, blah. They were terrible. Lousy customer service, tech. support didn't seem to give a hoot, and if you say you'll look elsewhere they don't care. I'm using kNet Hosting now, and in my experience they're excellent. Cheap, but fast servers, and very quick responses from tech. support (like a reply to an email in 5 minutes). YMMV of course.
  • Michael3185 Thanks for the info. Any idea how big their MYSQL databases can be?
  • @joemad; I've emailed them to ask, though it was after 11pm, so I'll probably get a reply early tomorrow. Will post when I do.
  • Here you go joemad - received at 9.30am today from kNet; Hi Michael, We have no size limits on MySQL databases, your only limits are the resource limits for your package. Let me know if I can assist further, Nick. I've emailed them perhaps five times in the last month, a couple of times with minor server issues, and others with queries. They always respond quickly, and fix things on your hosting package at once. (One of my issues was down to testing SMF, which dumped huge core files onto my root space whenever it hit an SQL problem. kNet removed them, and changed permissions to try to stop it happening again).