Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Developing geographic boating add-on

edited May 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi there! I'm loving the flexibility of Lassumo (I'm a new member and hopefully long-term add-on developer). I read through most of the documentation on building an add-on and got slightly confused - I work better on examples and suggestions. Basically I'm trying to develop a simple add-on that records more user details: mostly boating information that will be displayed on their profile. I'm trying to add these settings in its own preference section so the user can click on Account then a link is in the Panel for Boat Settings. I managed to get all my links setup to point to account.php?PostBackAction=BoatDetails and the page is sitting there...ready to be populated with preference options. I'm just slightly confused on how to actually build the preference form and include that data into the preference options. By the way, I *love love love* the fact that the extra-user preference data is serialised in the database and I don't have to provide any SQL structures. Whoever thought of that is genius. Moving on, this is where I'm at in writing the preference code: I've tried reading/understanding QuickKeys but didn't get very far. From what I understand I need to create and extend PreferencesForm to do what I want. Are there any Add-On extensions someone can suggest to help my grasp how the preferences are to be built? If they are simpler would be better for me to take it apart and re-use/learn the structure. Displaying the information with Delegates on the Profile page should be easy - there is enough sample code for me to move on that. It's just this detail preferences page that's getting me. Thanks! David

Comments