Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

List of latest discussions on homepage?

edited June 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Ive searched for ages around this forum for a way to include somewhere on an external page to make a list of lets say 5 items that are the most latest/hottest discussions. Maybe a beter way to explain: ---------------------- Main Folder/ Index.php (overview of news, calender and forum items) Main Folder / Forum Folder / index.php (vanilla) ---------------------- How can i get an list that i can include on my MAIN index.php page? Ive used the search function but as english is not my first or second language i maybe used wrong keywords. Thanks in advanced for any awndsers.

Comments

• edited May 2009
    Does anyone have any idea? It's for a school project so i'm on a tight time schdule... Thanks in advanced!
  • Is there any help out there? There must be someone with the same problem. Or even better someone with an awndser? I tried to include the discussions.php file into the other page and updated the links, but it did not work. Any other ideas?
  • edited May 2009
    Is there any help out there? There must be someone with the same problem. Or even better someone with an awndser? I tried to include the discussions.php file into the other page and updated the links, but it did not work. I also cheched the FAQ, But the explenation about embedding vanilla doesnt work.... Any other ideas?
  • edited June 2009
    I also tried using an rss parser at my home page, it kinda works but it won't update the rss feed. i'm using the RSS2-2007-03-022 plugin. Anybody some awnders?
  • I found a solution, http://lussumo.com/addons/index.php?PostBackAction=AddOn&AddOnID=169 There was a plugin available a few hours after my problem. There are some difficulties with the plugin, but i repaired some bug and noted it to the author.