Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

installing Vanilla from the beginning for a complete newbie

edited July 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hello Lussumo Community, I recently found out about Vanilla and downloaded it but I can't figure out how to install it. I get that it must be installed on a host server but the instructions are very confusing to me (someone who does not know code or customizing things on the back end). I watched the fresh Vanilla installation video and it started at a point where the test folder was already set up and I thought I was coming in at the middle of it. Can anyone guide to me where I can find instructions to installing it from scratch, from before the test folder is set up. I will also contact my host but wanted to ask here first. Thank you. Faye

Comments

• Options
    I don't know if this helps you or not; the basic instructions are here. http://lussumo.com/docs/doku.php?id=vanilla:administrators:installation
  • Options
    Hi Gravity, These instructions are exactly what I need. Thank you for the link! Faye
  • Options
    RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    To install these kinds of software, it takes 2 steps

1) Set up a MySql database through your hosting control panel

2) Upload the software files to your host and run the index.php file for the first time

The rest should be self explanatory once you understand this procedure.