Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Strange error messages ruining my forum

edited July 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
My Vanilla installation was working fine. Then I left it for a few months, and when I came back it was full of error messages like this:

Warning: include_once(/home/.basia/frinag/forum.frigan.no/appg/headers.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/frinag/forum.frigan.no/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 17 Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/.basia/frinag/forum.frigan.no/appg/headers.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/frinag/forum.frigan.no/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 17 Warning: include_once(/home/.basia/frinag/forum.frigan.no/appg/database.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/frinag/forum.frigan.no/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 18

See them all at forum.frigan.no.

I have no idea what to do, and I've searched the forum only to find other with similar problems, but no solution. I've tried commenting out all the lines mentioned in the error messages. No luck. I've tried commenting out all extensions (to hopfully turn off the bad extension, if it's an extension that causes this). No luck.

Please help!

Comments

• Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Heya forteller, it looks like your forum has been moved for some reason, and it is still trying to include files from the old location.

Open your conf/settings.php file and look for the APPLICATION_PATH setting. I bet it looks something like this:

$Configuration['APPLICATION_PATH'] = '/home/.basia/frinag/forum.frigan.no/';

when it should look something like this:

$Configuration['APPLICATION_PATH'] = '/home/frinag/forum.frigan.no/';
  • Options
    Ah, yes, that was it. Thank you very much! This has been driving me crazy for quite a long time. I don't understand why DreamHost would do this.. :/
  • Options
    Dreamhost moved me also, and I am getting errors (http://fatamagora.net/paste). I changed the paths in conf/settings.php but continue to get errors that appear to be focused in the appg folder. Help?
  • Options
    Dreamhost fixed it.