HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Requesting an event

edited August 2009 in Feedback
In the file helper_functions.php for vanilla in the function WriteDiscussion()
Can you include the event

$Sender->FireEvent('DiscussionMeta');
on line 94

<li class="Meta"> <?php echo '<span>'; echo sprintf(Plural($Discussion->CountComments, '%s comment', '%s comments'), $Discussion->CountComments); echo '</span>'; if ($CountUnreadComments > 0 && $Session->IsValid()) echo '<strong>',sprintf(Gdn::Translate('%s new'), $CountUnreadComments),'</strong>'; echo '<span>'; printf(Gdn::Translate('Most recent by %1$s %2$s'), UserAnchor($Discussion->LastName), Format::Date($Discussion->LastDate)); echo '</span>'; echo Anchor($Discussion->Category, '/categories/'.urlencode($Discussion->Category), 'Category'); $Sender->FireEvent('DiscussionMeta'); ?> </li>
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Also i need the ability to add something above a thread. So below the General . Requesting and event header. I need to put something below it. It would seem an easy way to do this would be to allow a module to be placed here.

Adding
    <?php $this->RenderAsset('DiscussionTop'); ?>
    on line 24 of Vanilla/views/discussion/index.php would be perfect. Call it what you like though.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Can you show me more of where you placed it? Before the ul or after?
  • Options
    Before the UL.

<?php echo $this->Pager->ToString('less'); ?> <?php $this->RenderAsset('DiscussionTop'); ?> <ul id="Discussion"> <?php echo $this->FetchView('comments'); ?> </ul>
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Just pushed these to master. I called the asset container "DiscussionBefore"
  • Options
    Thanks a lot just what i needed.
  • Options
    SS ✭✭
    edited September 2009
    In vanilla/views/post/discussion.php need something like AfterFormButtons

47: echo $this->Form->Button('Save Draft'); 48: } 49: 50: echo $this->Form->Button('Preview'); 51: $this->FireEvent('AfterFormButtons'); // <<< it's here 52: 53: echo Anchor('Cancel', $CancelUrl, 'Cancel'); 54: echo $this->Form->Close(); 55: ?>

And in vanilla/views/post/comment.php in same place.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    @S - added in development.