Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Moving Panel Outside Body

edited September 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi

I am customising my theme for Vanilla.
I am having problem that my website has a right panel which stores valuable information. Now. I would like to use that but in CSS heirarchy its OUTSIDE the body html in a separate div. How can I do the same as to move the Vanilla panel.php outside the body div.

I have created my own theme folder and included the panel.php which would override the default panel.php but I dont know where it would be included in head.

Please help

Comments

• Options
    *Bump*
  • Options
    Hi
    I have moved some of the source from panel.php to foot.php in my own skin.
    But its not rendering the controls.

This loop

while (list($Key, $PanelElement) = each($this->PanelElements)) {

is not doing anything since I have moved it to foot.php in my own skin. Where can I tell the vanilla to look for the controls in that file.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    It's been quite a while since I worked with the templates in Vanilla 1, and so my memory is a bit foggy here. I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're trying to do. Are you trying to move it actually outside of the "body" tag? Or are you trying to get it moved outside of the div with an ID of body?

I'll assume the latter, and just recommend that you close that div at the top of the panel template, and remove the additional closing div from the foot template.
  • Options
    You want two sidebars?
  • Options
    Hi @Mark, its actually the first case where I am moving the panel after the closing of the body tag.
    I have made a work-do solution. where I create a global variable and put all panel data in the that but display it after the body in foot.php.
    Its working for now. If you are not working with Vanilla 1 and are more into Vanilla 2 with Garden. Then why dont you make it downlabel by default from the homepage. Just a thought.
  • Options
    @Mark & @Flam9, i have another small problem which you might be able to better help with.
    Its at
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/10014/Query-for-latest-threads-and-their-URL/#Item_1

Thanks