Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Dates reset to 0000

My forum has gone haywire because suddenly, this morning, all the dates in my forum (and in the attached WordPress blog) have been reset to 0000. I found a note online that suggested it was a PHP problem, but I haven't made any changes to either WP or to Vanilla in a couple of years. (Due to the fact that they are hacked together, I worry about trying to update.)

Any ideas about how to fix this?

Comments

• FYI, the forum is at:

http://www.mormonmomma.com/forum

Thanks for any help.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Have you contacted your host? This sounds like a server time problem rather than a Vanilla problem.
  • edited September 2009
    I am the host...I'll look into that. Thanks.
  • Immersion, are you asking if I have updated the PHP lately, meaning that a recent upgrade would have caused the problem? Or asking if I have upgraded, because I need to in order to get rid of the problem?

We haven't upgraded it recently, so it would surprise me if the PHP version was the issue. We did have a power supply failure on the computer that ran the server, so we hooked the server hard drive into another computer for the time being. This occurred at about the same time. ???
  • Follow-up questions:

How can I check the PHP version currently running? And what is the current version? My sysop (my husband) is on a ship running submarine opps right now and kind of inaccessible :) but I have a daughter who can probably get the PHP upgraded if need be.

Thanks for all your help.
  • Well i know the php upgrade caused some problems for people with dates. So was just a though,
    It would be probably worth upgrading anyways to the latest stable.

create a php file inside have
    <?php phpinfo(); ?>

• Thanks. I did that and found I'm using 5.2.10.

Looked up the current version on php.net and found confusing info. In June of this year they released 5.3.0. But then a week ago they released 5.2.11. Is that because 5.3 is a major upgrade that has migration issues and 5.2.11 is a maintenance upgrade to 5.2.x?

So, how hard is this to do on my own and how likely am I to complete munge everything if I try? Ack!
  • Hmmm. Looking at that bug report you linked to, it seems that the date problem reported there is from 5.3.