Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

'Visits' isn't counting right

LincLinc Detroit Admin
edited September 2009 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
My profile has my "Visits" count at 6, and I've been here a lot more than that... probably 50 at the very least. Something seems very amiss here.

Comments

• I guess the number of visit are incremented once the transient key expires, and a new one is incremented.

Which might be linked to:
    $Configuration['Garden']['Session']['Length'] = '15 minutes';

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited September 2009
    OK, then I've only visited 46 times. :p

It can't be explained by something like session length. I've been a member for over 40 days and I've been here nearly every day (multiple times per day), save a couple weekends.
  • Then, browsing the code, it seems to be updated only if you sign in (not when you were "remembered" via a cookie) :

$UserModel->UpdateLastVisit is called in _Authenticate (from library/core/class.passwordauthenticator.php).

And this function seems to be called only when you sign in (I haven't investigated a lot).
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited September 2009
    Ugggh, that would explain it. Major lameness. I'd call that a bug because logins != visits. Thanks for the sleuthing @bean.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Yes - definitely a bug.
  • Sorry for to rout an old discussion out of bed, but this issue seems still alive.
    My profile has my "Visits" count at 0.
    I always loged in with my google acount.
  • I'm on 802, madness. :)