Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to delete specific user in Vanilla 2 + Edit User Screen

edited September 2009 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
As the subject already states:

1. How can we delete a certain user in Vanilla 2?

and

2. The design of the "Edit User" screen is a bit mixed up, please see screenshot at http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/7282/vanilla2betaedituserscr.png

Cheers, Kai

Comments

• MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    What browser/version are you using when you see that bad layout?
  • @Mark: It's Firefox 3.5.3 ... Internet Explorer 7 is working fine.

What about the option to delete a user?
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Crazy - I'm using FF 3.5.3 and it doesn't do that for me. I didn't think there could be issues like that between Windows and Mac.

Delete user isn't finished yet. We're still trying to figure out how to handle all of the orphaned records that would be created by deleting a user...
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    @Mark re: orphaned records, vBulletin has a "Username" field for messages which allows comments to persist with a static, unlinked username even if the account with the UserID has been deleted. That's also the method it uses for optionally allowing guest comments (as well as a field for email, which enables guest Gravatars, etc).

I'm probably going to have to hack that field into the system anyway, come to think of it. Ugh.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Hmmmm. Good to know. I want to run this one by @Todd, too.
  • lucluc ✭✭
    Maybe you can change the username to "user" + its user ID, and remove all other info (email, name, conversations maybe, etc)
    This way, all the messages are still there so it doesn't break the forum, and the privacy is protected.