HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

UI suggestion - menu bar

LincLinc Detroit Admin
edited October 2009 in Feedback
I got really used to clicking "Discussions" to jump back to the main forum index. Now that I got user admin permissions, I keep clicking "Users" (which is now first on the menu bar) and have a split second of confusion before I realize what's happened. Could Discussions (which I assume will be the most-clicked button on a forum) keep the privilege of being first in the top left corner so it's easier to auto-click? :)

Just a thought; I have no problem with just changing it in my own future theme.

[/knit-pick]
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Interesting - I hadn't thought of it from your perspective. Where do you think your extra admin features should appear?
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    I'm having trouble coming up with a better suggestion within the context of the navbar. I probably just need to suck it up and get used to it :) It's getting easier now that I've been using it like this for almost 2 weeks.

On my site I'll have Inbox/Name/Sign Out split off to the top right (a la NewEgg). That'll make it easier to simply slide the admin features to the right of Activity because it wouldn't then be awkwardly between the "general" and "personal" parts of the nav.

You probably have it in the best spot for maintaining simplicity. My motor skills will cope somehow :)
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    I've been thinking about this quite a bit. I have some solutions in mind. I'm actually doing a fairly big overhaul of the xhtml & css with another member right now - and I think it will help to solve your problems here...
  • Options
    Yeah the Dashboard link could be separate from the others, maybe to the right of the other menu items and with a larger left margin to show it's separate, or at least be on the right instead of left.