Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Theoretically would this work

edited December 2009 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
If I download the public beta and install it locally, can I upload my files and a sql dump to a server, changing the config.php to reflect the new database details, would my v2 install keep running on the new server?

Comments

• I was testing this out tonight, and on my local environment (running WAMP) the vanilla database tables were all lowercase, so when I transferred it to the remote server (running linux) Vanilla was looking for Case sensitive database tables, ie. GDN_Comments, when the table on my local install was gdn_comments. Is that weird o wat?
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    They should be case-senstive. The error probably lies in WAMP forcing them to all lowercase, though I don't know what could cause that.
  • Yeah it's a strange one. Had me fooled for a bit.

In the end things did work, I just had to rename all the db tables to the CaseSensitive titles instead of all lowercase and I got it working.