Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Gaming Assasination

2»

Comments

• Options
    Whoa, Krak has a serious gap in his MMORPG knowledge :D No skill involved? My level 40 rogue can beat most even 5 levels higher guys and all thanks to my skillful fighting, my nasty gear and good distribution of talents. And my level 60 shadow priest can't be beat at all, a PRIEST! So MMORPGs do involve alot of skills, the learning curve is just steep if you don't play them that much, so it seems that they don't involve skills. I have to agree, grinding and grinders suck ass, that is why I took up a Priest and a Druid as my first classes, Druid is an excellent solo adventurer, and Priest is just a tag along kinda guy, no other class has the privelage of just going in to a full party and getting someone kicked out and you basically just leech the team, great stuff. I do think that MMOGs have more point than any single player or multiplayer game, my Priest is known through the server, and my WoW honor ranking is General that is level 12 honor rank, and it is just two ranks from the top of the ladder where I'm headed very fast, so how can you say there is no way to be #1 in some ladder? Besides, no team to beat? You must have missed the whole guild system then. There are 3 big guilds and I'm on one of them, we are competing with the other two to be the top dog. We beat the Alliance top dog in a battleground, so I guess we have beaten the enemy team. I know MMOGs are addictive, but I don't know what game isn't if you truly like the game you can become addicted, but the human contact in a MMOG is what makes it way more addictive, I used to be addicted to Day of Defeat and I'm still addicted to Natural Selection, I still play like once a day for hour or so. Single player games just end and they are so insanely boring so you don't remain addicted to them so long. But all in all, Lech is so right. Unreal is totally an ass kicker and if it had Natural Selection I wouldn't be playing anything else ever! (Tho it has Alien Swarm and it's also coming for HL2) But for me the most addictive thing is modding and photoshop/wacom combination, there just isn't anything I do more during my say than spend time either in photoshop or some 3d modelling package. Lose the control of your life!
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    AlienSwarm > * I'm actually in the process of building up an alienswarm campaign for ut2k4, I also run a server :)
  • Options
    I have to come to your server with my cousin and play some weekend.
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    beware of the newbies, they're more dangerous than veteran players.
  • Options
    Kosmo, do you play Alliance or Horde?
  • Options
    edited November 2005
    Ever since Lord of the Clans (WC book #2) I have been a horde fanatic.

FOR THE HORDE!

oh and freshies and newbies in Alien Swarm usually fry you with flamethrower and your ammo explodes, or they just plain shoot you!

I'm playing WoW in the EU server Azjol-Nerub
  • Options
    Anyone know of some good (free) HL2 mods?
  • Options
    The days of HL modding died with original HL, if you want to play HL mods, stick to original HL. There might be Natural Selection at somepoint and Alien Swarm is coming, but other than that, free mods aren't that hawt anymore, maybe Dystopia will stop sucking so much. Maybe Insurgency will come out good, but then again, you'd be better off playing either BF2 or DC for BF1942. My friends team is working on Project Hullbreach which seems neat, but isn't out either.
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    edited November 2005
    oh and freshies and newbies in Alien Swarm usually fry you with flamethrower and your ammo explodes, or they just plain shoot you!

There's a ton of spawn triggers in ASw, if they don't end up shooting you, they'll end up running off rambo and triggering everything bad screwing themselves and then you. From what I hear out of the dev team, the HL mod will be a completely stand-alone mod which I think you'll have to subscribe to in order to play. :/
  • Options
    Those magnificent bastards! They DoDified my mod!
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    Yeah, Valve appears to have sought them out and I guess they're being paid to make the ASw mod for Source, so I can't wait to see how that turns out. So far the prospects look good. I just hope they bring it back to unreal in the same light once 2k7 rears its head.
  • Options
    Well, Valve would LOVE to get their hands on every Make something unreal contest FPS winners and non-FPS winners. But I hope they keep good distance on Valve for the sake of them fucking everything good up.
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    They can have Red Orchestra, that mod sucks :)
This discussion has been closed.