Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How do we create a homepage like vanillaforums.org

WeblogianWeblogian New
edited February 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
?

Comments

• Options
    The way they're doing it, I think, and the way I'm doing it, is to use Vanilla 2 and create another application and then configure the Routes settings page to set another controller as default.

If that's waaay too technical for ya (PHP, etc.) then I'd suggest embedding Vanilla 1.x in some other system such as Joomla, SilverStripe, or WordPress. I do believe @Mark has plans to eventually create some kind of webpage application for Vanilla/Garden, but it's not released yet.
  • Options
    @Louis
    You mean like a "create a page" feature/plugin .. correct?
  • Options
    Something like that, I guess. I don't know any details, I only remember seeing it in one of these discussions here recently.
  • Options
    LoL! Thank you guy, I am very knew to Vanilla code. I have never create an application, I wish I can download a sample of it
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    If you go into your vanilla 2 directory and look in "Applications", you'll see Garden, Vanilla, Conversations, and Skeleton. Those are all applications, and @Louis is correct that the VanillaForums.org (and .com) sites are also applications just like that.

It can be tricky to make an application. We really need to flush out the documentation, but as you can imagine, our priority right now is getting the codebase stable and all of the bugs fixed. To that end, we're hiring :)