HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

I want a message board where i can upload pics with my post

edited February 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
i am wanting to make a forum on my website that i can uplod pics of recipes with the recipe is i want. any advice

Comments

• MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    It sounds like more of a blog than a forum. Do you want to be the only one uploading recipes?
    1. Vanilla 1
    2. Attachments
    3. Inline Images (supports automatic thumbnailing - 125px is a good size - and modal window support via JQuery)
    4. Multi File Upload (want to upload more than one image at a time?)
    5. JQuery (for "ThickBox" support - now ColorBox)
    6. Set List (for admin options in JQuery)
    It's also worth picking up the following:
    • HTML Formatter (can be used with the rich Text Editor CKEditor included in the JQuery extension)
  • How about for Vanilla 2? Has anyone tried the Uploads, Attachments, Inline Images, Multi File Upload, and JQuery w/ V2?
  • I had tried V2 for sometime, but was throwing some random errors, so finally decided to go with Vanilla 1.1 and migrate to V2 if/when its released
  • Vanilla 1 extensions will not work with Vanilla 2. They need to be completely rewritten. If you need something production quality, what sagar's doing makes the most sense since Vanilla 2 has not yet been released.
  • the "Upload Picture" and "Edit my Thumbnail" tools built into Garden work great in the user profile. Can't this be pulled into the discussions/comments views?
  • edited March 2010
    why should i be part of it? should i be?