Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

I want a message board where i can upload pics with my post

edited February 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
i am wanting to make a forum on my website that i can uplod pics of recipes with the recipe is i want. any advice

Comments

• MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    It sounds like more of a blog than a forum. Do you want to be the only one uploading recipes?
    1. Vanilla 1
    2. Attachments
    3. Inline Images (supports automatic thumbnailing - 125px is a good size - and modal window support via JQuery)
    4. Multi File Upload (want to upload more than one image at a time?)
    5. JQuery (for "ThickBox" support - now ColorBox)
    6. Set List (for admin options in JQuery)
    It's also worth picking up the following:
    • HTML Formatter (can be used with the rich Text Editor CKEditor included in the JQuery extension)
  • How about for Vanilla 2? Has anyone tried the Uploads, Attachments, Inline Images, Multi File Upload, and JQuery w/ V2?
  • I had tried V2 for sometime, but was throwing some random errors, so finally decided to go with Vanilla 1.1 and migrate to V2 if/when its released
  • Vanilla 1 extensions will not work with Vanilla 2. They need to be completely rewritten. If you need something production quality, what sagar's doing makes the most sense since Vanilla 2 has not yet been released.
  • the "Upload Picture" and "Edit my Thumbnail" tools built into Garden work great in the user profile. Can't this be pulled into the discussions/comments views?
  • edited March 2010
    why should i be part of it? should i be?