Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Installing Vanilla 2 on Rackspace Hosting

edited August 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I have downloaded the latest vanilla/garden from git and uploaded everything to my test page iphonedevforums.com/new/ I tried to install and it gave me this error http://drp.ly/xMO9k now anytime I go anywhere like iphonedevforums.com/new/ it gives me this http://drp.ly/xMP3y . I am on rackspace and my .htaccess looks like this

"
DirectoryIndex index.php/
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php/$1 [QSA,L]
RewriteBase /new/
"
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    I can confirm that after talking to rackspace they have said they are not really sure what is causing it either. They don't think it is their configuration because their PHP meets all the vanilla requirements.
  • Options
    Are you on a Cloud Site? I'm having .htaccess related problems on a Rackspace Cloud Site – can't get past the installation screen without a 500 internal server error.
  • Options
    Any solution on this? I'm also on Rackspace and can't get the rewriteurls to do anything except throw a 500 error.
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    @copperdogma I'm hosting several Vanilla installs on RS with no issue and vanillaforums.com runs on RS servers, so you'll probably want to start a discussion based on your particular configuration rather than assuming it's something to do with being on Rackspace.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Change your .htaccess to the one below if you have your forum running on the root:

# Modified
    # If you modify this file then change the above line to: # Modified

RewriteEngine On
    # Certain hosts may require the following line.
    # If vanilla is in a subfolder then you need to specify it after the /.
    # (ex. You put Vanilla in /forum so change the next line to: RewriteBase /forum)
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php\?p=$1 [QSA,L]

---------------------------------------------------------
    NOTE: If you have your forum in some directory like /forum, then change it to this:

# Modified
    # If you modify this file then change the above line to: # Modified

RewriteEngine On
    # Certain hosts may require the following line.
    # If vanilla is in a subfolder then you need to specify it after the /.
    # (ex. You put Vanilla in /forum so change the next line to: RewriteBase /forum)
    RewriteBase /forum
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php\?p=$1 [QSA,L]

*Do remember to change the /forum path to your own path where your forum is installed.