Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Garden Framework

edited March 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
It is quite confusing when even the discussions of both Garden and Vanilla 2 are grouped together. Seeing as how Vanilla 2 is an app inside the Garden Framework, these should be marketed separately as the Garden Framework and the Vanilla 2 app based on the Garden Framework.

In addition, in the documentation is mentioned the fact that Garden itself is an application (it resides in the app folder). So some distinction needs to be made (as far as file structure) as to what are core files for Garden vs an application based on those core files. If Garden is the application inside the applications folder then what are the files inside the library folder, wouldn't those be Garden's core files?

I think you have a great idea here with the community approach to a php framework (built in discussions/ACL/User interface...) but the real value is for a developer like me to easily create an app that can tap into that power and therefore greatly speed up development time and increase application integration.

Comments

• Options
    Yeah there is definitely some work needed on the separation of garden and vanilla. I'm getting to grips with garden framework but there is a need for greater documentation. I hope that garden will be made into a proper standalone framework at some point as it is a nice piece of coding and will make writing software applications a lot easier. In a lot of ways i think garden is almost where the value of the software lies.
  • Options

I know its been 3 years, but as I stumbled on this page on google while searching about the garden framework. Here is a good summary by Mark: markosullivan.ca/garden-preview-part-i/

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Garden is most definitely not an app built on the Garden framework. Vanilla forums is actually three separate apps: dashboard, conversations, and vanilla. Dashboard handles the admin functions, conversations handles the private message system, and vanilla is what handles discussions. There is also a skeleton app included in the download that is just an example of how to build an app.

Welcome to the community. :-)

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.